18 March, 2009

KING DAVID AND PRINCE JONATHAN COVENANT OF FIEDLITY AND HONOUR

1st Samuel
17:57-58 So when David returned from slaying the Philistine, Abner took him and presented him to Saul. David was still holding the Philistine's head. Saul then asked him, "Whose son are you, young man?" David replied, "I am the son of your servant Jesse of Bethlehem."

18:1-5 By the time David finished speaking with Saul, Jonathan had become as fond of David as if his life depended on him; he loved him as he loved himself. Saul laid claim to David that day and did not allow him to return to his father's house. And Jonathan entered into a bond with David, because he loved him as himself. Jonathan divested himself of the mantle he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his military dress, and his sword, his bow and his belt. David then carried out successfully every mission on which Saul sent him. So Saul put him in charge of his soldiers, and this was agreeable to the whole army, even to Saul's own officers.)

19:1-2 Saul discussed his intention of killing David with his son Jonathan and with all his servants. But Saul's son Jonathan, who was very fond of David, told him: "My father Saul is trying to kill you. Therefore, please be on your guard tomorrow morning; get out of sight and remain in hiding.....But Saul's son Jonathan, who was very fond of David

20:1b-5 ..."What have I done?" he asked him. "What crime or what offense does your father hold against me that he seeks my life?" Jonathan answered him: "Heaven forbid that you should die! My father does nothing, great or small, without disclosing it to me. Why, then, should my father conceal this from me? This cannot be so!"
But David replied: "Your father is well aware that I am favored with your friendship, so he has decided, 'Jonathan must not know of this lest he be grieved.' Nevertheless, as the LORD lives and as you live, there is but a step between me and death." Jonathan then said to David, "I will do whatever you wish."

20:14-17 Only this: if I am still alive, may you show me the kindness of the LORD. But if I die, never withdraw your kindness from my house. And when the LORD exterminates all the enemies of David from the surface of the earth, the name of Jonathan must never be allowed by the family of David to die out from among you, or the LORD will make you answer for it." And in his love for David, Jonathan renewed his oath to him, because he loved him as his very self.)

20:30-31: But Saul was extremely angry with Jonathan and said to him: "Son of a rebellious woman, do I not know that, to your own shame and to the disclosure of your mother's shame, you are the companion of Jesse's son? Why, as long as the son of Jesse lives upon the earth, you cannot make good your claim to the kingship! So send for him, and bring him to me, for he is doomed."

20:41-42: When the boy had left, David rose from beside the mound and prostrated himself on the ground three times before Jonathan in homage. They kissed each other and wept aloud together. At length Jonathan said to David, "Go in peace, in keeping with what we two have sworn by the name of the LORD: 'The LORD shall be between you and me, and between your posterity and mine forever.'"

23:15-18: David was apprehensive because Saul had come out to seek his life; but while he was at Horesh in the barrens near Ziph, Saul's son, Jonathan, came down there to David and strengthened his resolve in the LORD. He said to him: "Have no fear, my father Saul shall not lay a hand to you. You shall be king of Israel and I shall be second to you. Even my father Saul knows this." They made a joint agreement before the LORD in Horesh, where David remained, while Jonathan returned to his home.

2nd Samuel
1:26 "I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother! most dear have you been to me; More precious have I held love for you than love for women.

4:4 Jonathan, son of Saul, had a son named Meribbaal with crippled feet. He was five years old when the news about Saul and Jonathan came from Jezreel, and his nurse took him up and fled. But in their hasty flight, he fell and became lame.)

Chapter 9: David asked, "Is there any survivor of Saul's house to whom I may show kindness for the sake of Jonathan?"...
Now there was a servant of the family of Saul named Ziba. He was summoned to David, and the king asked him, "Are you Ziba?" He replied, "Your servant." Then the king inquired, "Is there any survivor of Saul's house to whom I may show God's kindness?" Ziba answered the king, "There is still Jonathan's son, whose feet are crippled." The king said to him, "Where is he?" and Ziba answered, "He is in the house of Machir, son of Ammiel, in Lodebar."So King David sent for him and had him brought from the house of Machir, son of Ammiel, in Lodebar.
When Meribbaal, son of Jonathan, son of Saul, came to David, he fell prostrate in homage. David said, "Meribbaal," and he answered, "Your servant." "Fear not," David said to him, "I will surely be kind to you for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the lands of your grandfather Saul, and you shall always eat at my table." Bowing low, he answered, "What is your servant that you should pay attention to a dead dog like me?"
The king then called Ziba, Saul's attendant, and said to him: "I am giving your lord's son all that belonged to Saul and to all his family. You and your sons and servants must till the land for him. You shall bring in the produce, which shall be food for your lord's family to eat. But Meribbaal, your lord's son, shall always eat at my table." Ziba, who had fifteen sons and twenty servants, said to the king, "Your servant shall do just as my lord the king has commanded him."
And so Meribbaal ate at David's table like one of the king's sons. Meribbaal had a young son whose name was Mica; and all the tenants of Ziba's family worked for Meribbaal. But Meribbaal lived in Jerusalem, because he always ate at the king's table....

You were redirected to this page from an original post on F6, Queer Views Of Life Along Our Three Rivers. Please leave any comments regarding this content on that original post of record. As this page is simply a distribution point for questionable resources. The Feeds and Jump Page is intended to supplement the original post while at the same time preventing any violation of our DISCLAIMERS AND COPYRIGHTS AND STRICT POLICIES regarding adult content while still facilitating distribution of necessary information. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

News -- News-Sentinel

News | Journal Gazette

Indiana Equality

The Bilerico Project | Indiana

Allen County Democratic Party

Libertarian Party of Allen County

The Libertarian Party of Indiana

Mark W. Rutherford's Electing Libertarians